From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethenet IP drivers reconnection issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I was reading NI documents/posts on Ethenet IP drivers and i was wondering if the reconnection issue was fixed ? I am using cRIO not PC.

here is the issue that was posted to https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4065
" Hello NI EtherNet IP Users and Administrators ,

I am having a problem, that may be related to a bug in the Labview Ethernet IP driver.

I have a Controllogix PLC running an electro/pneumatic/mechanical workstation that also has a LabView application on a PC doing some high speed data acquisition and analysis. The symptom I am experiencing is that if I am online with the PLC and actively monitoring and/or editing the PLC program, while the station is running, the communication between the PLC and the Labview PC via ethernet IP appears to lock up. This requires a complete cold start of the PC to re-establish communications. Simply re-starting the Labview application does not re-establish the connection.

If I am not online with the PLC while the station is running, the communication does not lockup, or at least the occurance frequency is greatly reduced.

I saw that there is a newer release of the ethernet IP driver available, was this created to address a specific problem? If so would upgrading to the newer driver correct my issue? Thanks! "

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,147 Views)
Solution
Accepted by sticyfinger

Hi sticyfinger,

From that thread, I think it's not definitive that it was caused by bugs. 

Have you met such erroneous behaviors?

I did not spot such an issue in the database though. I think you should upgrade to 14.0 because there are other fixes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,135 Views)

Lewis, 

I did not encounter the problem i was just curious.  Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,129 Views)