IF-RIO

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO installation

Dear NI team, This is probably a silly enquiry, but I seem to have problems accessing myRIO via LabVIEW. After following the installation tutorial via http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learn-rio/applications and seemingly downloading all the required components after successfully launching the "Getting Started Wizard" I tried to create a new project, but it simply opened LabVIEW 2018, rather than the myRIO version shown in the example. What would you advise? P.S. Unfortunately, the file attached is empty, as the nature of my problem means, that I was not able to create a myRIO project. Apologies for the inconvenience.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,324 Views)

Hello ik,

Welcome to the boards! I am not 100% sure what issue exactly you are facing. Can you maybe provide screenshots in case the following are not helpful?

If it is regarding the "type" of LabVIEW the loading screen is showing, don't worry about it. Both the myRIO-labeled and the non-labeled "versions" have the same features, the only difference is in the default selections (e.g. when starting a new project) they offer you. So the myRIO-label refers more to a user interface setting rather than different versions. You can also change the setting manually, see: Why Does the Version Panel Indicate myRIO? (I haven't installed the myRIO package on my LabVIEW 2018 though, so I don't know if it has that as well).

Does this answer your question?

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,307 Views)
Dear ikaiser, Thank you for your response. As shown on the attachments, once I choose the "Start Project" option after setting up myRIO, it opens the version of LabVIEW which does not have a "Create myRIO" template, which I believe should be there regardless of the environment chosen. Furthermore, I had a look at the link you sent me, but for some reason, I do not have the "Choose Environment" option in tools.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,303 Views)
My apologies, the second attachment is here.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,302 Views)

Hey ik,

Thank you for your quick reply! It seems to me that your LabVIEW installation is somehow completely missing the myRIO toolkit.

Have a look at Can't Find the myRIO Project Templates in LabVIEW to find the correct installation order, and which components are needed.

This is the download for LabVIEW 2018 myRIO Toolkit, in case you haven't got it yet.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,286 Views)