Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version compatibility/clarification needed - "Hobbyist Toolkit" equivalent for LVPro2022, 64-bit available?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a fresh licensed install of LVPro2022, 64-Bit and I am unable to run linx on it. Is there really no 64 bit version of Hobbyist Toolkit? Is it possible to do a partial install of compatible vi's? Are there any workarounds?

I need to use LV64 to remain consistent with existing deployments.

I really REALLY don't want to install 32bit and 64bit versions on my lab and office machines. 

Are there plans to  address this? If so, how can I help? I'll test. I'll document. I'll make coffee... whatever.

Thanks. 

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,486 Views)

Other than losing disk space, there are no downsides to having both 32-bit and 64-bit LabVIEW on a work machine.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,467 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ʎǝuɐlSǝʞᴉW

*your work machine.

🙂

I reinstalled 32 shortly after I posted it. 

There's quite a bit of info out there but some is way out of date if not completely wrong.

In any case, it's on and running.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,443 Views)

With LabVIEW Realtime pretty much fully functional for 64-bit LabVIEW (some hardware platforms need extra support in NI CompactRIO) the critical blocks to have the Hobbyist Toolkit also work under 64-bits should be mostly solved.

Now it's rebuilding the various Linx specific parts and testing, testing, testing.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,413 Views)

Rolf,

I'd love to help if that's something that is happening or about to happen. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,371 Views)

I did in the past start with quite a modification of the actual shared library, but it is very difficult to get any feedback from NI if they work on it, what they plan to do and how much they would consider to incorporate any outside contributions.

So it has lingered without much effort from my side for a long time, and right now I have about 5 other projects that are higher in the priority list than this. Might consider coming back to this but not sure when.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,268 Views)
Spoiler
Rolf, did you ever advance this 64-bit version? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(969 Views)

@jordankuehnsef wrote:
Spoiler
Rolf, did you ever advance this 64-bit version? Thanks!

With the sound of crickets being the only reaction to this post, it never ever made it even close to the middle of my list. And with recent developments in LabVIEW land I'm not even sure it's worth investing any more time in this. Sorry!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(966 Views)

Rolf,

Thanks for the quick reply! Would you be interested in open sourcing what you had worked up?

Speaking for myself and my team, we only recently made the transition to 64-bit labview due to having to wait for RT/cRIO compatibility. I know along the years at NI Weeks and such many expressed similar hesitations about making the change. That's to say that I think adoption for 64-bit will pick up and a need for this port will grow!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(963 Views)