Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't generate firmware libraries for ESP32

I'm trying to set up an ESP32 microcontroller as a Linx device using these resources:

https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=learn:tutorials:libraries:linx:misc:porting_device

https://github.com/tanakamasayuki/LinxESP32

I'm at the stage toward the end of the instructions in the first link above where I am to generate firmware libraries. When I go in Tools > Hobbyist > Firmware Wizard, and then I go in Settings in the Firmware Wizard, there is a Generate button to generate firmware in the Arduino\libraries folder (along the lines of what tutorials say to do). I leave the Arduino Path as C:\Users\cedri\Documents\Arduino (I also tried C:\Users\cedri\Documents\Arduino\libraries), and the Firmware Base Path as C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\MakerHub\LINX\Firmware, then I click Generate and I get a dialog box that says "Done!" but then when I try to exit I get the error pasted below and there is nothing new added to the C:\Users\cedri\Documents\Arduino\libraries folder. A NI technical support engineer suggested that I install NI VISA to solve the issue, but that didn't work. I'm using Windows 10 and have LabVIEW 2020 SP1 installed (Community Edition).

Something went wrong.

Please try running this wizard again.

If the problem persists please check the wizard settings or post on the LVH LINX Forums at:

www.labviewmakerhub.com/forums/linx

Create Folder in LMH-Toolbox.lvlib:Copy File Create Dirs.vi->LMH-LINX.lvlib:Copy Firmware Libraries.vi->LMH-LINX.lvlib:Firmware Wizard Config.vi->LMH-LINX.lvlib:Firmware Wizard.vi<APPEND>
C:\Users\cedri\Documents\Arduino>\libraries\LinxArduinoLeonardo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,305 Views)

My whole experience with Labview so far has been trying to work around bug after bug just to get some basic functionality going, and I haven't succeeded. I will now wipe Labview from my computer. Maybe if someone provides some insight here, I'll give it another go, but for now, there are too many red flags about this software being generally dysfunctional. Too bad.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,231 Views)