From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build .so On RaspberryPi Target

Solved!
Go to solution

I was looking at this article on building in the schroot. I noticed the instructions start with

sudo opkg update

but you'll get an error:

-bash: sudo: command not found

So, you can remove sudo (please update the doc) and keep trying but like in this thread, I see a whole bunch of missing libraries for example:

/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory

Is building on the target still supported? Where might I find some of those libraries. FYI I'm using LabVIEW 2020

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by nanocyte

As you noticed the 'sudo' in some of the commands is totally unnecessary; that was just a mistake when that article was written.

As far as the other issues, this is happening because there is a mismatch in some of the versions of some low-level packages between the stuff on the target and what is present in the opkg package feeds.

I found that you can still make it work by running these commands after the ones listed in the article you linked:

opkg install –force-depends libc6-dev 
opkg install –force-depends libgcc-s-dev 
opkg install libstdc++-staticdev 

Note that there are two dashes at the beginning of '--force-depends' (it's a little hard to see depending on the font).

Message 2 of 3
(1,935 Views)

hi nanocyte, I have met the same question like you, but the reply doesn't fix my problem, here is my err info:

/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crtbeginS.o: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crtendS.o: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find crtn.o: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:10: recipe for target 'libadd.so' failed
make: *** [libadd.so] Error 1

could you tell me how to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,180 Views)