High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-5133 not showing up in MAX, "loader' driver shows in Device Manager

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a USB-5133 that I can use on several computers. I'm trying to put it on another PC (XP Pro). The device is recognized by windows and it proceeds to install drivers. When it's done, under Device Manager -> Data Acquisition Devices, I see "NI USB-5133 Loader". On the other computers it just says "NI USB-5133". The green light on the device is NOT lit, and the device does not show up under Measurement & Automation Explorer.

Any idea why the proper driver isn't loaded? I have NI-SCOPE 3.5.2. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,639 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gallamine

Hello Gallamine,

Since the NI USB-5133 Digitizer is a plug-and-play device, try deleting the device in MAX.  Then disconnect the device and reconnect it.  The computer should register the device in MAX as "NI USB-5133".  If that does not work, the MAX database might be corrupted.  To fix this, refer to the following link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

Lastly, if fixing the database does not solve this issue, try reinstalling the newest version of NI-SCOPE.

Regards,

Roman S

Regards,
Roman Sandoval | National Instruments | RF Systems Engineer
Message 2 of 4
(8,626 Views)

Roman, 

The device does not show up in MAX. It only shows up as "USB-5133 loader" in the PC's device manager.

I'll try removing the database corruption and report back.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,624 Views)

Many thanks dude for the tip! You saved me from a 2 hours NI scope reinstall cycle!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,018 Views)