Git User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview merging with git extensions

Hi guys,

I was able to successfully configure LVCompare with git extensions 2.44. I am using labview 2012.

when i try to configure LV Merge i get this error code as in the attachment.

i Tried the following commands: "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Merge\LVMerge.exe" "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\LabVIEW.exe" %O %B %A %A

and also

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Merge\LVMerge.exe" %base %mine %theirs %merged

Any solution or suggestions are welcome.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(12,292 Views)

I think you have the order switched?  Isn't it :

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Merge\LVMerge.exe" %base %theirs %mine %merged

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvhowto/configmerge_thirdparty/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(9,516 Views)

no that is not helping!! I am getting either errorcode 7 or error code 1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(9,516 Views)

I was able to call LVMerge from the command prompt successfully. I navigated to the directory containing LVMerge.exe, and then called LVMerge. I had to modify the code in the link above -- I had to have quotations around every file path for it to run without error. Also, I have LabVIEW 2013, so I changed the file path of my version of LabVIEW.

LVMerge in Command Prompt.png

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(9,516 Views)

Hi,

Was the LVMerge launched from git extensions? how was the command prompt launched??

kindly share your thoughts!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(9,516 Views)

I didn't use Git Extensions. I used the Windows command prompt. Attached is a screenshot of the same call but not from within LVMerge's directory. I can still call LVMerge.exe with the abosulte file path in qutoation marks. Hopefully getting it to work in the Windows command prompt will help translate that into Git Extensions.

LVmerge cmd prompt.png

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(9,516 Views)

ok but! the problem is with launching the LVMerge from git extensions

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(9,516 Views)

I can't say for 100% certian that it's the same for git extensions. But my company uses TortoiseGit to manage our commits and fetches. I've never used the command prompt with git, but have had no issues doing diffs or merges with labview or teststand.

Here's a screenshot of the settings used to configure.

10-28-2013 2-44-00 PM.png

I downloaded gitextensions and it seems that you should have the wildcards as this

"C:/Program Files (x86)/National Instruments/Shared/LabVIEW Merge/LVMerge.exe" $BASE $REMOTE $LOCAL $MERGED

but when I tried it, it still doesn't work properly.  I recommend trying TortoiseGIT. I find it a lot easier to use.

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

Message 8 of 13
(9,516 Views)

I appreciate your reply. kindly send me a screenshot for LVCompare usage on tortoiseGit as well!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(9,516 Views)

10-29-2013 9-04-52 AM.png

Here's the diff settings also.

We choose to use a few extra cmd flags to ignore moving items on the block diagram as that's not going to change the code.

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

Message 10 of 13
(9,516 Views)