From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

G Web Development Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialize Numeric Control at Startup

I'd like to initialize several numeric controls at G Web application start time, and preferably retrieve their associated tags from the NI Web Server.  I don't see a way to do this (I don't even see a way of initializing the control like the LabView "Make Current Value Default".  Is there a way of achieving this?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,367 Views)

Perhaps a properties box outside a while loop

yura_beno_0-1670313434730.png

https://www.youtube.com/@bionichaos

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,287 Views)

I am not sure about retrieving tags from the NI Web Server, but you can (in G Web, I am running the 2022 version):

Place a numeric control on the Front Panel and change the value to whatever you want the default to be. Then right click the control's border and select, "Make current value default".

On the Block Diagram, place the numeric control on the Block Diagram, right click it and select, "Create reference." Then select and place the "Reinitialize to Default" function. Wire the reference to this function.  (The "Reinitialize to Default" function can be found by right clicking on a blank space on the Block Diagram > User Interface > Panel Manipulation).  Place this reference + function wherever you want the numeric control to be re-initialized to default - probably before the main loop starts executing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,195 Views)

I finally got back to this and I'm not sure how to wire in a tag Read element with the reinitialize and control reference.  Is that possible?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(858 Views)