From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing FlexLogger Data in Scout

Hello,

I'm trying to record data of an electric motor running for approximately 1 minute, recording different variables such as phase voltage/current, speed, torque, etc.  I'm recording at 10Kz and using Scout to view the data.  I have some anomalies, we'll use the speed as an example, where periodically it will spike for a single point of data, but it will do this multiple times through the test.  Is there anyway to adjust FlexLogger (or even Scout if anyone knows more about that) to filter out these recordings?  Say if I'm running the motor at 3500 RPM and don't want anything over 4000 RPM to be recorded, is there anyway to set this filter?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,810 Views)

There isn't a way natively built into FlexLogger to do this right now (I can't speak to Scout).  Some ideas:
- Write a Plugin with the Plugin Development Kit that filters all the data and writes it out again (this really wouldn't solve the problem until we let you pick which channels you want in the log file so you could select just the filtered ones).  You could make the plugin actually do the logging too (but that seems like quite a bit of work compared to a post-processing option).

- I think you could do this with a post processing script in Diadem (https://www.ni.com/en/shop/data-acquisition-and-control/application-software-for-data-acquisition-an...).

- If you preferred working with a .csv file for some kind of post processing FlexLogger does support also exporting to .csv as well as TDMS.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,783 Views)

There is also a high pass/low pass filter Calculation type in the product:

Kevin_F_0-1591200267362.png

which you can map single channels to.  In the log you will get both the filtered result and the unfiltered result, but if that is OK this is probably your best option.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,774 Views)

Hi Brethigh,

if you want to go with option 1 from Kevin_F, we can help you built that plugin on your behalf as services. If you'd like to discuss privately, you can reach me at vcarpentier (at) Neosoft (dot) ca

As a reference, we have completed a FlexLogger plug-in for Email notification that is available on NI Tools Network, if you want to check it out: https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/product/channel-s--monitoring-with-email-alerts.html

All the best,

Vincent

Vincent Carpentier, Ing./Eng.
CLA, CPI
Neosoft Technologies
www.neosoft.ca
DQMH Trusted Advisor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,761 Views)