From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem configuring fp200

fp2000 was working properly until I tried to update the os (mistake !!) now max is seeing it as 0.0.0.0 but when I configure it to 10.0.0.2 and reboot it , its not updating the ip addr i assigned.I tried reset as well but it wouldn't update.the link led is green whereas the status led is blinking in red.I tried formatting it but it wouldn't letme do it as well.Help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance
Raj
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,274 Views)
Raj,

When you assign the new IP settings to the module, make sure you properly set the gateway. In a recent upgrade that I performed (OS and Software), I found that as soon as I assigned an IP, I would lose communication with the module. After some troubleshooting (and hair pulling), I discovered that the gateway values were incorrect and setting them to the computer (it was a private network of two FP banks and a computer) fixed the communications problem. I think the older OS was a little more forgiving of Gateway settings. Also, double check to make sure that the Reset IP Address DIP switch has not been set.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,271 Views)
Aaron,
Actually when I tried to update the os ,it failed and came up with some error,Moreover its a new piece out of the box.I am communicating through a cross over cable straight from the pc.the pc was 10.0.0.2 and subnet was 255.255.255.0 and gateway blank and I assigned fp2000 as 10.0.0.3 and 255.255.255.0 with gateway blank.Its not even responding to serial communication , looks like the thing is dead and its reformatting and new firmware but the weird things is , its not letting me to format it !
thanks for interest aaron
Raj
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,271 Views)
Raj,

Try assigning the gateway as the same IP Address as the computer (10.0.0.2). It may just help and is worth the try.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,272 Views)
Hi,
what you have to do is first delete your FP form MAX.

Then on your FP2000 switch the reset pin down and reboot.

Now in MAX set your ip address. When set switch up the reset pin on the FP reboot
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,271 Views)
Hi Raj

I Had SAME problem exactly !! new Fp-2000 mistakely Upgraded OS ..now i still get "0.0.0.0" can't set IP address

Please tell me how you fix it ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,089 Views)
Hello,

1. Did you have a crash during the OS upgrade process?
2. When did you buy your controller?
3. Have you tried to format your controller [The instructions to format your controller are found here
If so, did you get an error?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,068 Views)
Hi LA,

Thanks For Reply

1-Yes,I Recived Error "56"...Unable To Write To Memory...etc
2-Early 2005
3-I Could't Format,Recived The Following msg:
Error Formating the Disk on remote system...the disk may be unrecoverable

thanks for your intrest
Kater
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,063 Views)
Hello Kater,

Please send me you email address and we will proceed from there.

Thanks,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,052 Views)

Yo dudes!

I'm having exactly the same problem.  If you going to go private at least tell us what the solution was!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,988 Views)