FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying RT VI to cFP; Failed to load shared library nilvaiu.dll

This problem has baffled me. I tried to download a VI to a cFP-2010. This VI has been downloaded and executed many times. Today I get a failed deployment message: 'LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library nilvaiu.dll:DAQSaveScale140:E on RT target device.'. I have reloaded the OS and all drivers. The problem persists. The dll exists on my host system. I have attached an error log report from the Fieldpoint controller. Does anyone have any insight into what the problem might be?

LabVIEW 8.2
NI-DAQmx 8.3.0f3
FP Drivers 5.2.0
FP VI Manager 4.1.0
Phillip Neir
GM Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(15,290 Views)
Hello Phillip,

I understand you have reloaded the OS and all drivers, however, did you do this by simply reinstalling the drivers or by formatting the controller? 

Formatting the controller takes a few minutes, basically you reboot the controller in safe-mode, right-click the device under 'Remote Systems' in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) and select "Format Disk".

This will reset the controller's configuration and you will need to reset the IP/Name before installing software back onto the controller.  When re-installing the software please make sure you are installing the Network Variable Engine and Variable Client Support.  Have a great morning.

-Bob
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(15,261 Views)

Hi Bob,

I formatted the memory and reloaded the software. The result was the same. It tries to deploy DAQmx Create Scale and fails. Why does this occur now when it never occured before? What changed? How do I fix it?

Phillip Neir
GM Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(15,208 Views)
I discovered my problem. I am stupid. I had inadvertently left a Create Scale VI on one of my subVI's (that is what changed). Apparently Fieldpoint can't tolerate DAQmx. I am sorry to have added an unnecessary thread to the forum.
Phillip Neir
GM Engineering
Message 4 of 7
(15,202 Views)

Don't feel stupid.  I just experienced the same error and your thead helped me resolve it quickly.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jeff Long, President
AutomationWorks, Inc.
http://www.automationworks.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(11,001 Views)

Hi

Please any help with this error

"Initializing...
Calculating dependencies...
Checking items for conflicts. This operation could take a while...
Preparing items for download. This operation could take a while...
Deploying rt1.lvproj
Deploying BEENS(successfully deployed target settings)
Deploying rt.virt.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW: Failed to load shared library nilvaiu.*:get631:C on RT target device.
Deployment completed with errors"

Even after completed reloaded the software.  I am getting this error.  please help me.. Thanks 

Manu S

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(10,422 Views)

Hello Manu,

I would recommend making a new thread for this error you are seeing. You are more likely to get responses with a new thread.

Before making a new thread, try loading an example VI onto your controller to see if you can deploy any VIs. Also, try reformatting your controller. Report these results in your new thread, and we will be able to help you out faster.

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(10,412 Views)