FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fix error 0x8ABC7004 in labview 8.5? i am also getting error while building my application? help

I AM FACING THIS ERROR CODE WHILE BUILDING MY APPLICATION IN AN EXECUTABLE.

The VI is broken. Open the VI in LabVIEW and fix the errors.

D:\JUICE EXTRACTION only ethernet\VI\Scada.vi
<Call Chain>Error 1003 occurred at AB_Application.lvclass:Open_Top_Level_VIs.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_Page_Preview.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located.  Open the VI in LabVIEW using File>>Open and verify that it is runnable.

my email id is sarbalhi.samriddh@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,473 Views)

First question,

Have you tried opening that sub-VI to see if it is broken?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,465 Views)

hi,

yes i had also tried to open the vi in labview and it is excutable.

i had also tried the command  "ctrl + shift + run" button on the front panel in hope that it will show the internal broken vi or the error. the vi is executable and it works.

but in vain.

please suggest any better solution.

waiting for the response.

thanks.

samriddh sarbalhi

sarbalhi.samriddh@gmail.com 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,462 Views)
Got the same problem here.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm using shared variables... First time I'm using them and first time I get this problem. Current project is based on our own "Application Template" with which we never had problems with...

By the way, the VI runs fine in the Labview Environment...

Message Edited by jfmorneau on 05-08-2008 12:18 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,302 Views)
Found the problem... I found the answer in an other thread...

Changed the Shared Variables to "Absolute" instead of "Target Relative" and it finally worked.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,298 Views)

hi,

i have designed an application having four security levels like administrators, engineers, operators & guests.

now i want that whenever the guest logins in my application, windows components on the desktop will not be accessible to him means he can only view my application but he will not be able to view start menu on the task bar of the windows page or any icon on the desktop.

please tell me how to accomplish it progarmatically using labview.

the appropriate response will be highly appriciable.

thanks

samriddh sarbalhi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,200 Views)

hi,

i have designed an application having four security levels like administrators, engineers, operators & guests.

now i want that whenever the guest logins in my application, windows components on the desktop will not be accessible to him means he can only view my application but he will not be able to view start menu on the task bar of the windows page or any icon on the desktop.

please tell me how to accomplish it progarmatically using labview.

the appropriate response will be highly appriciable.

thanks

samriddh sarbalhi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,199 Views)
I highly doubt you'll be able to do this with LabVIEW.  Your only hope would be to log into Windows as a guest account with whatever restrictions set before you would start LabVIEW.  You really have a catch 22 situation.  Assuming it would be possible to have an application be able to apply restrictions to the Windows environment, you'd have to be logged in as an adminsitrator or other high level user.  If you are a logged in as that, than you have basically given yourself the rights to do whatever you want to do and there would be no way of preventing someone else logged in as the same user from going around them.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,185 Views)

hi ravenas,

thanks for the reply.

anyways, is it possible that whenever guest logins into the system, the windows page bounds configuration like front panel bounds in labview be fetched so that the same will be configured to the vi's front panel programatically.

by doing this the windows components will automatically get hide.Smiley Happy

or is there any better solution.Smiley Happy

thanks

samriddh sarbalhi

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,173 Views)