FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 8.5 from 8.2 write ini file wipes ini

Hi I recently upgraded to labview 8.5 and when the code was converting everything seemed fine, but now everytime i run my simple VI to write to an ini file the inifile gets wiped!  I cannot understand it.

The path on the fieldpoint cfp-2100 is c:\test.ini and it simply goes through a for loop to index all the ini names and values, 

starts off by opening config data.vi, then goes into ta for loop and writes all the info, then jumps out and closes the config data.vi.

I'cant see why it still reads from the INI file fine at teh start of the program, but just this writing to the INI file throws a wobbler.

any advice appriciated

thanks, Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,755 Views)

In some older versions of LV (and I think 8.2 and 8.5 would qualify for the time frame I am remembering), using the Config Setting VI's and closing the .ini file caused the .ini file to get rewritten even if you didn't change any of your settings.  Newer versions of LV are much smarter about when to write out data upon closing the config file.

Check the input options to the close config file function, make sure you aren't trying to rewrite the file unnecessarily.  Perhaps it's trying to rewrite, but some of the config file settings were lost somewhere during the execution of your VI.  It is hard to tell without seeing your actual code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,751 Views)

Here is the code, two arrays passed in, even tried removing the loop and put a  long sequential list of key writes to write each value 32 of them and it deletes it?  I had a thought, if these was a mismatch in the arrays sizes the for loop would iterate to the longest loops, but surely that would just write  ablank key and not just wipe the ini file clean. so its 0kb big.

I'll make sure the strings are equal size and report back, but this has never had  aproblem in the last 4 years until no i move to 8.5

regards

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,734 Views)