FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use scaling with v5.0 on RT target

I am using a cFP-2010 with LabVIEW v7.1 and Fieldpoint driver v5.0. I am attempting to use the scaling feature provided with v5.0. My intent is to scale EU outputs to volts for AO and volts to EU for AI. I created a VI to test data writes to an AO module. It works fine when I run from the LabVIEW environment. When I switch execution mode to the RT target, scaling no longer functions. What am I missing?
Phillip Neir
GM Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,234 Views)
Hello Phillip,

I took a look at the ReadMe in the Fieldpoint 5.0 driver download and it there is a section on custom scailng.

Custom Scaling

FieldPoint 5.0 supports custom scaling for analog input and output. To do custom scaling in embedded applications, you must have FieldPoint VI Manager 4.0 or later installed on the FieldPoint RT controller. Custom scaling does not work on remote and multichannel items in embedded applications. Refer to the FieldPoint LabVIEW Interface Help for more information about custom scaling.

I'm not sure if you already found this information, but hopefully you find it useful.

Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,216 Views)
Thank you for your efforts. I had not seen that 'ReadMe'. I had been looking in the 'Help' files for instruction as to how to use scaling. None of these caveats are listed there. Unfortunately, I cannot install Fieldpoint VI manager 4.0 on my controller because LabVIEW v8 is required. Also, what does this mean: 'Custom scaling does not work on remote and multichannel items in embedded applications.'?  Do I have to read/write each channel individually in an embedded application? Does scaling work at all in an embedded application?
Phillip Neir
GM Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,210 Views)
Hello Phillip,

That is correct.  You can't use multichannel items with custom scaling if you are embedding the application.  Scaling should work on embedded applications with the caveats mentioned above.
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,188 Views)