FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect open TC on cFP TC 120.

hi

i want to detect open TC programatically means when TC is open then what is channel reading.

regards

mazhar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,997 Views)

mazhar,

I found the following in the manual for the cFP-TC-120.  http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373344a.pdf 

The [c]FP-TC-120 can detect open thermocouples. When you

select a temperature range for a channel, open-thermocouple

detection for that channel is enabled. When the [c]FP-TC-120

detects an open thermocouple, it reports an Open thermocouple

error for that channel and lights the corresponding red LED.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,988 Views)
thnx man i have read it already i want to know value in numbers not in form of LED.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,986 Views)

mazhar,

As stated in the previoud post, the module will return and error/warning message when a TC is open.  See reply by Aaron G in this thread.   http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=110&message.id=2037&requireLogin=False

Message 4 of 9
(7,980 Views)

thanx man

please check the screen shot and tell me if first chennel is open TC then what is th value of first element of put put array.

Message Edited by mazhar.ali on 05-05-2009 08:07 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,959 Views)
Best guess would be that the value returned by an open TC will be determined by a combination of the cFP module and what type of TC it is configured to use.  In this case I would read each channel individually, and after each read check the error cluster to see if an open TC error/warning was returned.
Message 6 of 9
(7,954 Views)

i have no hard ware right now but the hard ware module will be cFP TC 120

i have used NI FP RTD 124 and if that was open it gives 850 out out i want to know if in cFP TC 120 if there is open channel what will be the out put

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,951 Views)
You'll have to call NI for that.  I don't have a TC-120 here.  Why do you need the exact value?  Why does the TC open error returned from the module not meet your requirements?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,949 Views)

thanx man i have take ur lot of time and insist on my desired solution i think ur solution is right i want exact value for my easiness to check the open tc

thanx again for ur time and assistance. now i will handle it with by checking error cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,946 Views)