FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-AI100 Scaling

Okay I have a computer running some trending package .  I have to change the Temperture  ranges , how is this done . I do have a .IAK file but no software will open it  . What is needed to change this scale . Also is this scaled in the processor  like 4 -20 ma = 600 - 200 Deg ? or does some other software do this? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,034 Views)
You can open and save .IAK files in MAX, and you can also set the thermocouple type and scale in MAX

In Measurement and Automation Explorer, go to Tools -> FieldPoint ->New or Open

Message Edited by JeffOverton on 05-30-2008 02:48 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,028 Views)
OK again the computer does not have any of this software on it . What is the PN# and how much does it cost to get this software?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,019 Views)
Hi,
Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) is free and it installs with most National Instruments driver software. If you have FieldPoint installed on your computer you should have MAX also unless it was unselected during installation. Also, early versions of MAX (< FP 4.0) used FieldPoint Explorer instead of MAX. The drivers and updates page can be found here. Tell us more about your application and problem if you would like additional help.
Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,995 Views)

Thanks , 

The problem I am having is we are going from a 600 -2000 deg temperture to 700 -1400 temp and I have to scale this , it seems very easy but I do not have any software that connects to the controller , The computer that did the installation had the software and we never put on are computer , I just need to change 2 analog input scales nothing hard .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,981 Views)

Also is there a place when i can download this software ? so I can fix the problem about Analog Scaling

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,979 Views)
As Eric A. stated above, MAX is included with many of our device driver downloads.  Thus, simply download and install FieldPoint 6.0.1 to obtain this software.  Once it is installed, launch the program by going to Start » All Programs » National Instruments » Measurement and Automation.  Then, load your .iak file by going to Tools » FieldPoint » Open.  When this is complete, the Data Neighborhood will populate with folders representing your FieldPoint's IO modules.  Simply expand these folders and modify the scaling for the appropriate channels.  Let me know if you have further questions.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,948 Views)