FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-2000 FP Explorer (Remote System Explorer) Module Status: Safe Mode (Improper Installation) ? HELP

I used FP Explorer to update the s/w firmware on the FP-2000 module (6.1.1), through Remote System Explorer I was able to detec the FP-2000, so i right clicked on the module and re-installed the firmware (6.1.1), then i rebooted the module but when the module restarted it came up with "Safe Mode (Improper Installation)" in the status column.

Also, i see that the fp module has the Status LED flashing on and off it flashes twice then off. I have repeated the process using several different techniques, i.e. resetting the fo-2000, disabling the startup Vi, Safe Mode operation, and others but still no luck!???

I would appreciate a response...

PLEASE SEE ATTACHE
D IMAGE FILE FOR THE STATUS FP EXPLORER WINDOW THAT IS RETURNED ...

Thanks...

Saj - www.vertec.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,966 Views)
First, try FTP'ing to the cFP-2020 and delete all files that you possibly can. This can be done by opening a web browser (Internet Explorer) and typing in ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where the x's are the ip address. You probably will not be able to delete all files, but delete as many as you can.

Next, set the Reset dip switch into the ON position and cycle the power on the cFP-2020. You should notice that the status LED will blink 1 time continuously. At this point, set the Reset dip switch to the OFF position and cycle the power again. Now you should be able to configure the module as well as install the software for the module.

I hope that this information is helpful. Have a good day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,965 Views)

my problem is the same but i can't ftp!

windows says that no permissions

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,470 Views)
Hi safe mode imporper instalation,

I think you may have already posted this question in another thread.  Please refer here for your answer.

Message Edited by cphuong on 05-11-2007 10:39 AM

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,461 Views)