FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find VIs when opening program on another computer

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new to FieldPoint so I'm thinking this will be easy to solve.

Today I am visiting our West coast facility gathering information about a test station that is running Labview 6i. Eventually, this system will be moved to another location (midwest). 

I want to be able to recreate this system back home.  I copied the Labview 6i program from the tower PC in the lab, and opened it on my laptop (LV 8.x)

While loading the program, I am prompted that some of the VIs cannot be found: FP Open.vi, FP Read.vi and 3 other FP VIs.  Is this because I don't have the Field point drivers on my laptop?

I am also prompted for TESCOM.DLL, AI Read one scan.vi and AI Read one scan(single point waveform).vi  Is the TESCOM.DLL part of Fieldpoint drivers? 

Thanks for your help,

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,554 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill_5335

Bill:

Yes, the FPxxx vi's are part of the Fieldpoint installation. The tescom.dll sounds like it is software for a Testcom ER3000 pressure controller, see:

http://www.tescom.com/pdf_files/dopsm1893x012_lr.pdf

The AI Read vi's sounds like they are part of the tradition DAQ drivers, as opposed to DAQmx (drivers for NI hardware).

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,551 Views)

Yes, you will need to install the fieldpoint drivers on your laptop.

Tescom.dll seems to be related to Tescom brand instruments.  Are you using one of them?  Make sure you install the drivers for that.

Message 3 of 4
(6,550 Views)

Thank you for your help.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,547 Views)