Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping Spam

Well, now we know for sure there's no one in Austin watching the forum over the weekend...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 59
(4,123 Views)

Posting with captcha! That could be "absolute" solution. Something like that:

captcha.png

Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 59
(4,105 Views)
This is beyond spam. This is a denial of service attack.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 13 of 59
(4,101 Views)

@Andrey Dmitriev wrote:

Posting with captcha! That could be "absolute" solution. Something like that

Michael suggested CLAD type questione here. We need to keep in mind that there could be pre-sale questions by users completely unfamiliar with LabVIEW, so they might choke on those.

There should be a simple bail-out possibility. Posts that bypass the captcha will be held for approval by a trusted user.

This is clearly a failure of the forum mechanism more than anything else. Lithium is definitely not on the ball all this point. Come on! 200+ new threads with the same root link from a handful of brand new users, probably all coming from the same IP address. Even a monkey can filter that. 😮

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 59
(4,100 Views)

At this rate, they'll all be knights by lunchtime Monday.  I see they are already getting their bars upgraded in color because of all the activity.

Message 15 of 59
(4,070 Views)
Wow, still going on.. I'm not a violent person by any streach of the imagination but I think I could make an exception.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 59
(4,064 Views)

With well over 2k spam posts and no end in sight, there is obviously a bot exploiting a serious vulnerability. Hopefully lithium will be able to analyze the traffic, identify the problem, and permanently plug it.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 59
(4,050 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:
Haha I opened up the forums and my first thought was holy *#&@

I saw it appear in my RSS feed and thought "I wonder how bad this is"

Checked the forums, and I definitely got my answer.

stopforumspam.com is another antispam service, but none and the usernames used here show up on that site unfortunately.

A further way to help stop this would be instead of having multiple people instantly able to zap a spammer, have everyone be able to flag a spammer, and once a certain threshold is reached (perhaps 10 users?), the user is automatically blocked from posting, and threads hidden. This could then be checked by a staff memeber and uncorrected if necessary.

Message 18 of 59
(4,041 Views)
I think we found what will be occupying much of Jordans Monday...
Message 19 of 59
(4,039 Views)
VERY...VERY...Gloomy.Our forum has lost it's........................everything. If it is going like this,no doubt they will cross Dennis's record on number of posts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 59
(4,022 Views)