Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Messenger enabled

@JackDunaway wrote:

For those who do not want to see this widget: there's a setting under "My Settings >> Preferences >> Home Page >> Show private messages that have been read". This defaults to ON, and if you turn it OFF the widget will not show if you have no unread messages.

I have the checkmark next to "Show private messages that have been read", but I do not see the widget... (or do I?)

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(5,039 Views)
It's tiny, just a few pixels. Lool all the way to the right in the blue bar that has your name all the way on the left.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(5,022 Views)

Are you talking about this?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(5,014 Views)

Sorry, you are talking about a "home page" setting. If you click on your name, that setting determines if you see a box with private messages in the lower left corner of your profile page. Look again. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(5,005 Views)

Maybe it does not show up with Firefox...

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(4,994 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

Maybe it does not show up with Firefox...

Send yourself a message and see if it shows up.  Mine doesn't show unless I have a message.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(4,984 Views)

Hey Lili,

What is needed to enable PM's for new users?  I can't find the right setting.

Thanks,

JÞB

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(2,322 Views)

We have private messaging disabled for "New Members" as a spam prevention method.

I can update your account though to remove this restriction.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
Message 28 of 29
(2,320 Views)

After finding I couldn't send private messages, I was looking for a way to enable them in my account before I ran across this post.

How quickly does the status change from "New Member" to "Member"? Is there a recommended way to request a status change when getting started.

It may be helpful to new users to add this information in the help FAQ (https://forums.ni.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/pm).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(1,569 Views)