Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CSS scheme?

Hi,

I'm not an expert in website design, so maybe I use wrong terms, but: did you change the CSS in the last week?

Now the NI website/forum is even slower than it used to be before that change!

• I can watch the forum website "build up":
  • first I see just the line below the thread titles with empty/hidden thread titles
  • then the thread title of already read threads appear, using a non-bold font
  • then the thread titles of unread threads appear in a bold font, but using a wrong (wider!) font family
  • at last the thread titles of those unread threads change to use the bold "default" forum font, but that requires a redraw of the thread list due to now narrower font…

Between each step there are several seconds: quite irritating/annoying to wait for a forum thread list to appear!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(2,533 Views)

Hi @GerdW 

I apologize that I did not respond to this earlier. It was lost during my vacation week. We haven't made big changes to CSS but there have been some network changes. Our internal monitoring shows an overall improval in load times but I do see some points of extra friction. We will be looking at that.

Thank you,

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(2,488 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi,

I'm not an expert in website design, so maybe I use wrong terms, but: did you change the CSS in the last week?

Now the NI website/forum is even slower than it used to be before that change!

• I can watch the forum website "build up":
  • first I see just the line below the thread titles with empty/hidden thread titles
  • then the thread title of already read threads appear, using a non-bold font
  • then the thread titles of unread threads appear in a bold font, but using a wrong (wider!) font family
  • at last the thread titles of those unread threads change to use the bold "default" forum font, but that requires a redraw of the thread list due to now narrower font…

Between each step there are several seconds: quite irritating/annoying to wait for a forum thread list to appear!

I am seeing the same thing and it is very irritating.

There is approximately 2 seconds between landing on the forum page with blank subject lines.

Then there approximately 5 seconds of the wrong front size subject lines.

before the page finally fully loads.

Very painful to watch.

Using FF ver98.0.2

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(2,478 Views)

I am still seeing this as well

(2,463 Views)

I don't see this gradual build of the webpage, but since about the time of the first post i've noticed that i often can't connect to the web page at all, it "loads" blank and i have to refresh several times for it to work. This happens especially often before i log in.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(2,450 Views)

Seeing similar speed issues here too, especially the font pop-in once it finally loads. All told it takes about 10 seconds to load the page, with several seconds spent waiting for the fonts. Here's a snip from Chrome's dev tools:

MichaelBalzer_0-1649827280188.png

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(2,429 Views)

@markwni wrote:

We will be looking at that.

Can you look a little faster please? It has been a month of watching annoying missing non-bold titles and bold titles font jumping around.

Message 7 of 22
(2,326 Views)

Hi,

today those CSS problems are especially slow, it takes sometimes 20-30s to really load the forum webpages!

How long does it take to repair those broken CSS schemes?

There's a new "feature":

Whenever I click on the "Options" menu item in the upper right of a message the webpage jumps to the top! This is quite annoying when you need to scroll down back to your message to actually choose an option from this Options menu list…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(2,270 Views)

There's a new "feature":

Whenever I click on the "Options" menu item in the upper right of a message the webpage jumps to the top! This is quite annoying when you need to scroll down back to your message to actually choose an option from this Options menu list…

@GerdW - I see this too. We are researching as we were not aware of any changes being rolled out.

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(2,262 Views)

@markwni wrote:

There's a new "feature":

@GerdW - I see this too. We are researching as we were not aware of any changes being rolled out.

Not just  the "options" but spoiler tags as well will jump you to the top of the page too 😱

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(2,220 Views)