Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot attach a file to a comment

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm trying to post a comment with an attached VI (or a zip containing VIs), but it keeps telling me the file type is not supported.

I've always managed to do that, what's wrong (using Chrome 90.0) ?

It seems to do the same for any file extension:

raphschru_0-1621292043184.png

Could it be that a specific setting in the issue disallows file attachment for answers ? Here is the issue I wanted to answer:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-FPGA-Idea-Exchange/Ability-to-define-datatype-of-Registers-FIFOs-fr...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,382 Views)

AFAIK you cannot add files to comments in the IdeaExchange boards…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,342 Views)

I see the logic which consists in only discussing about ideas, without any code involved.

But what if the post has no answer and I want to show an alternate way of doing the same thing, or even show an existing code that does exactly what the person is asking ?

Idea exchange threads should allow file attachment in answers, just as well as discussion threads do.

If this is not possible, the error message should at least be replaced by "File attachment is not allowed in idea exchange threads".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,337 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author raphschru

Start a post in the regular forum to post and discuss your alternative, then add a comment with a link to the original idea.

Message 4 of 5
(3,307 Views)

Hi @raphschru,

I think @altenbach has the right approach here but I agree that the interface could be clearer. I will take a note to look at it more fully. Thank you for the feedback and being a part of the community.

Best,

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,267 Views)