Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic log-in

Is it possible to log automatically in when accessing message boards? Even if I tell to save my password, when I restart Explorer I need to log in manually.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,256 Views)
Roberto Bozzolo -

You can change your User Profile to stop prompting you for a password. Then the forums would recognize you from a cookie on your machine.

To set the 'remember me' functionality, click on My profile at the bottom left of the any page in the forums. Then click on Modify Profile. Click 'Edit' on the your information section of the your profile. Then uncheck the box next to 'Prompt me for password'. As long as you don't delete the cookie from your computer, the forums will recognize you.

Hope that helps,

Christin S.
Web Support and Operations
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,238 Views)
Not quite 😞

I have all this set, but whenever I newly open the browser and go to the forums, I am NOT signed in. At this point, a simple click on "sign in" does the trick without asking for a password.

I guess Roberto wants this to occur automatically, as was the case in the old system.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,230 Views)
Yes, unfortunately that's true. You must click on 'sign in', or hit 'reply', or 'new message' before the forums recognizes the cookie on your computer and logs you on. This a change in functionality from the previous forums.

Sincerely,

Christin Smith
Web Support and Operations
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,229 Views)
Interestingly, today it started to auto-login. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,204 Views)
How lucky are you!

I am not auto logged in, I suppose it depends on the password: I don't want to exclude the password from my profile. OK, it's not a real problem: when I click on Sign-In it works automatically.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,200 Views)