FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant I see my NI PCMCIA FBUS card through an express bridge?

My laptop only had an express PCMCIA port.  I bought an Addonics ExpressCard Cardbus Adapter.  I have plugged the NI PCMCIA-FBUS card into the adapter and plugged the adapter into my laptop and the card does not appear under the list of available FBUS cards in the Interface Configuration Utility.  Am I missing a step or does the card not work with this adapter?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,603 Views)

Hi,

Using PCMCIA-FBUS through PCMCIA-Express adapter on laptop with PCMCIA slot is a feasible option. But NI is not able to promise that PCMCIA-FBUS is compatible with all adapters in the market.

I suggest that you check the driver of the adapter. Many incompatible problem is caused by adapter drivers. Please check whether the driver is properly installed, whether there is any new update of the driver.

Thanks!

Feilian (Vince) Shen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,594 Views)

Just got off the phone with Addonics and the adapter I bought from them only works with a 32 bit PCMCIA card.  They do not have a 16 bit to ExpressCard adapter and I could not find any through an internet search.  I need to either get a 32 bit version of the PCMCIA-FBUS card from NI or I need some other recommendation as to how to get this 16 bit card to work with and ExpressCardbus port.

Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,579 Views)

Hi Vince & others,

I have had an Express to PCMCIA adapter working with the NI series 2 card for a while now.

My setup is as below :- 

WinXP (SP2), Dell Inspiron 6400, 

Duel adapter (in "B" mode), NI Config v3.1.1 

Do a Google search - I am sure there is a supplier close by. 

Hope this helps.

Allen 

FF-EUC Aus 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,568 Views)

Hi Allen,

Thanks so much for your information.

Yes. We have tested Duel System Express-PCMCIA adapter. PCMCIA-FBUS works well on this adapter.

The link of Duel System PCMCIA-Express adapter is http://www.duel-systemsadapters.com/?productid=DP-0001  

Message Edited by Vince Shen on 11-03-2008 02:59 AM
Feilian (Vince) Shen
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,551 Views)

Vince,

I followed Allen's advice and bought the Duel Adapter.  I set it up exactly as he and the manual suggested.  Windows now sees the PCMCIA card but the NI software still does not.  Not sure what I am doing wrong but I have attached two screen shots of the error message I get when I try to open the Communications Manager and the problem I see when I open the Interface Configuration Utility.  I need your suggestions ASAP as I am a month in trying to get this working and my customers are getting very frustrated with me.

Thanks,

JAGUARE01

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,477 Views)

Hi,

According to your screenshot, PCMCIA-FBUS is recognized by NI-FBUS software now. What you need to do is just enabling the card in Interface Configuration Utility. (By default, the card is disable after installation.)

Please right click the board0 icon, select Enable from the popup menu. Then Communications Manager can startup successfully. Attached picture is for your reference.

Feilian (Vince) Shen
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(9,446 Views)

Has anyone tried this adapter with windows7?  I don't see that there is driver for it, but maybe if you run it in XP mode?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,079 Views)

Has anyone tried this adapter with windows7?  I don't see that there is driver for it, but maybe if you run it in XP mode?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,078 Views)