FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windriver unable to make connection; PPC603 is not licensed

Solved!
Go to solution

This is my first year as a programming mentor so cRIO is new for me.  The team has a Windows 7 64-bit development machine and I've installed all of the software and 4 updates.  I figured out how to configure the network settings and have successfully used the 'imaging tool' (multiple times) to setup the C++ environment by formatting the controller (with FRC_2012_V43.zip).

When I try to create a new connection in Windriver, I get an error message "CPU: PPC603 is not licensed".

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,983 Views)

Not sure about this one but you may consider also posting your question on the first forum:http://forums.usfirst.org/forumdisplay.php?f=747 or ChiefDelphi as there are a lot more C++ users on those groups.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,713 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnettleton

In the remote system tab, the Remote Target properties, there is a "Processor selection.  You need to select the "MPC5200".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,713 Views)

Thanks. I don't remeber any mention of the CPU type in the video or 'C++ getting started' document (perhaps it should be added).

A team member found the solution on his own. He changed the CPU to MPC5200 and created a successful connection before I arrived at the meeting last night.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,713 Views)

It looks like it's at the bottom of page 6 of the C/C++ Getting Started Guide

Message 5 of 6
(3,713 Views)

The screenshot on page 7 shows "Processor: (default from target)". That could be why I missed it...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,713 Views)