FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mostly there - need help getting s/w and h/w to work

What works:

• h/w laid out, the s/w that came with the cRIO worked and the joysticks controlled two motors (per instructions - sweet!)
  • s/w installed, talks nicely with the cRIO
  • the PWM signal from sidecar 4 to a victor and jaguar show a solid light (signal) upon initialization
  • (after some challenges - see below, did some debugging)   Can write from one DIO port and read from another when a PWM cable is installed on sidecar 4.   i.e., verified that s/w is getting downloaded and runs, and that we can talk to the digital sidecar in bus slot 4 and that the DIO works there.

What doesn't work:

• can not get PWM from sidecar 4 to output a signal - the victor and jaguar sit there blinkie blinkie showing no signal -- this is when we try to get the sample program to run - the one on the front page of ni.com/first    (btw - I'm a mentor so perhaps doubly dangerous, but I did take the workshop course)
  • can not get anything to work from sidecar 6 - which is plugged in - either DIO or PWM

Suggestions?   What do we try next?

Thanks!!!

p

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,806 Views)

Hi,

Do you have the driver station connected?  PWM won't work without the driver station (though a lot of other things will, such as DIO).

On the sidecar on slot 6, are you specifying the module on your Open VIs?  The default module is 4, you have to change that if you want to use slot 6.

Regards,

JeremyB

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Regards,

Jeremy_B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,484 Views)

Works like a champ. Thanks!