FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 6 when trying to build program on cRIO

When trying to build a standalone application following the steps on 'Using the FRC Framework' page 14 I'm getting the error below. The program I am trying to build is the simple motor control program as described in the training video. Can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it?

thanks,

David Clark

Team 1245

ERROR MESSAGE:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 6 occurred at Create Folder in Create Directory Recursive.vi->AB_Destination.lvclass:Create_Destination.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_RTEXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Generic file I/O error.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\resource\plugins\NewDialogFiles\ProjectWizards\FRC\FRC Templates\builds\FRC cRIO Project\RT CompactRIO Target (0.0.0.0)\FRC Basic Robot Deployment\c\ni-rt\startup\NI_FPGA_Interface.lvlib_NIFPGA Watchdog

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,731 Views)

This is a known bug in the basic framework and will be fixed in the next LabVIEW update. You can run it just fine, but it won't build. The advanced framework works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,516 Views)