FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems testing Autonomous

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to test the Autonomous.vi with no luck.

I am running a simulation, Robot Main is running in simulation mode (the target is my computer), selected Practice on the Driver Station, clicked Enable but the Autonomous.vi does not run.
My question is: What calls the Autonomous.vi, I am probing Robot Main.vi the correct case is selected "Autonomous Enable" but the VI is not launched.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,529 Views)

I am enclosing screenshots of Driver Station, Dashboard, etc. while running.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,502 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nelshinio

It took me a while but I did get Auto to work with the command template.

The "Get Alliance and Match Info.vi" is generating an error and may be the reason your auto is not working for you.  I put it inside a disable structure but you can delete it also.

Also the settings that are in auto by default spin the wheels of the robot but it does not move in the simulator. I change the values and got is to do circles. Here is a screen shot of my modified version.

2018-02-03_20-36-53.png

If this still doesn't help you please post screen shots of your auto code.

Mark

Champion CLA

Making senseless computers do
intelligent real world things
is NOT easy. SO MAKE IT FUN!
Message 3 of 5
(3,480 Views)

here is a video of it working with the vi disabled.

Auto Video

Champion CLA

Making senseless computers do
intelligent real world things
is NOT easy. SO MAKE IT FUN!
Message 4 of 5
(3,475 Views)

Thank you very much.

I am new at FRC, so I was trying to probe at the Autonomous.vi and was getting "Not executed". I did what you suggested and it worked. Then I left the VI alone (right from new RoboRIO project) and it also worked. I can see the robot moving in the simulation and I was able to add Alternative 3 and check it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,455 Views)