FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware at 6.0.0 but cannot Format Target

Hi all.  I've read the threads about difficulty updating Firmware, but we have a different problem, I think.  Firmware updates to 6.0.0 without difficulty, and we've done it several times now just to make sure it is correctly updated.  But Format Target with the 2019_v13 image always fails the same way.  Tried different USB ports, disabling network adaptors, all the things recommended in the firmware update threads.  Tried with a Windows 10 laptop and the Windows 7 KOP Acer laptop.  Error screenshot attached.  It reads "Unable to download image to target... failed to reboot after hard drive format... corrupt firmware, cannot run."  I've googled for these phrases, and found no other teams having the problem, so I'm guessing it's something unique to this RoboRio.  This RoboRio was last updated in 2015, and the current image is 2015_v23.  When the imaging tool errors out, the RoboRio is giving the 3-flash signal, which normally indicates safe mode, but cannot be connected at this point.  After reset button, it comes up just fine, with the 2015 image still there.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,767 Views)

Hello Slylock,

I understand you already went through the instructions detailed in: 2019 FRC Firmware Update Failing.

My next step would be for you to speak with our support team, so we can help determine if the issue is recoverable or we need to repair the unit.

You can reach them by calling 866-511-6285 from 1 to 7 PM CST during the FRC Build Season.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,759 Views)

Thank you, support was very helpful.  We ultimately had to use the USB-drive technique on it, but now it's good to go.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,742 Views)

That's good to hear, Slylock.

We're glad you're up and running again. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of further help in the future.Robot Happy

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,740 Views)