FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code not functioning/reading valid

I use Eclipse for programming in c++ and this is only my second year programming so i don't know everything i need to know. I have downloaded eclipse and also the 2018 update suite so i can utilize code and all of that but it reads nearly everything related to FRC invalid or false. I have followed through with what i remember from last year since someone on my team took the flash drive with the code so i can't even adjust that to this year's specs and have to start from scratch. So I used the tutorials given on FIRST's website to help me progress but all of my code reads invalid. If anyone has any tip or tricks to help me, I would be more than happy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,297 Views)

Hello BrianHitch,

I suppose you have done the steps mentioned in the FRC C++ Programming guide, right? Have you tried a simple blank robot project? I haven't used C++ programming with the roboRIO before, but I guess starting from a blank project, and building from there, might be a good exercise to understand how the code works and what might be causing you problems.

Additionally, I believe it would be beneficial to have a screenshot, or something that explains better the errors you're seeing, so the community can assist you in a more efficient way.

Let us know your progress. Good luck at the competition!

Message 2 of 2
(2,268 Views)