From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Example Code

Using Google Maps in LabVIEW

Code and Documents

Attachment

This example shows you how to incorporate Google maps with custom markers into your LabVIEW application.

• It uses the Google maps static API so it requires an internet connection to get new maps
  • Pick between the different maps types (roadmap, satellite, terrain, hybrid)
  • Provide an array of locations as either address strings or longitude and latitude
  • Support for custom markers
  • Uses a picture control rather than an embedded web browser
  • Zip file contains re-usable set of subVIs which you can use for your own Google map VIs

7-9-2010 11-38-19 AM.png

7-9-2010 11-40-08 AM.png

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
Ken Kearney
on

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any chance of getting this in Labview 8.5 (or compatible) format?

If you could I'd appreciate it.

Ken

pjs8323
on

I would also be interested in Labview 8.5 version if at all possible.  Thanks, looks great!

Luong.Tran
on

Hi Team

I am looking for the solution for labVIEW and offline maps.

Best Regards

Luong.Tran

Shlok1229
on

Hi,

How can we zoom the map?

NicoleZ
on

Hi: I've downloaded the example file and have wired the input so it uses a list of longitude and latitude points from a CSV file. If I limit the data to 70 sets of points or less, I don't encounter an error. However, when I have more than that, I get an error that says "Error 0 occurred at URL too long- Get Map.vi". I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a work around for this issue. Please let me know. Thanks, Nicole

Contributors