Example Code

ActiveX Internet Web Browser Using Event Structures in LabVIEW

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Software

• LabVIEW

Code and Documents

Attachment

Overview

This VI will allow the user to browse the internet on the Front Panel.

Description

This VI will allow the user to browse the internet on the Front Panel. The user can choose pre-selected web sites or choose their own URL to browse to.

Requirements

• LabVIEW 2012 (or compatible)

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Drop an ActiveX Web Browser on the front panel.
  2. Drop an Automation Open on the block diagram. Right-click the Automation Refnum on this VI and create a Property Node. Fill in the attributes that you need.
  3. Drag on an Event Structure and drop in Invoke Nodes to the right event and also put the appropriate button in the event as well.
  4. Drag a while loop around all of this. Wire a stop button to the while loop.
  5. Close the reference.
  6. Wire these together as seen in the VI attached below.

Additional Information or References

Front Panel

Front Panel.jpg

VI Snippet

1.png

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.** 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
Benjamin38
NI Employee (retired)
on

WHHHHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! 

Regards,

Ben N.
Applications Engineering
ni.com/support
CaptPhil
on

Hi,

This vi won't work for me, when I start it a yahoo page open and I can click on links on the page and they open, but if I click on your buttons nothing happens. I'm using LV 2014, is there any properties I need to change or something?

Thanks

Phil