Enhanced Icon Editor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd error starting happening...

All of a sudden I'm getting an error every time I edit a VI's icon (LV 2013):

icon editor error.png

Clicking OK to that and several similar errors (all "Could not load front panel") eventually leads to the icon editor properly opening but dismissing 5 error messages every time I edit an icon is going to get old real quick...

Any ideas on what could be causing this (I havent changed the icon editor packed library)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(14,105 Views)

Have you done any updates (e.g. SP1 or f1 patch) or installed anything recently? That is an odd error, because most of the front panels in a packed library are gone by design.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(8,917 Views)

Nope - it just all of a sudden started happening this morning. Closing LabVIEW didnt seem to help. :S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(8,917 Views)

If you haven't modified the Icon Editor, then my only ideas are to (1) repair your LabVIEW installation (in case any of the source files somehow got corrupted), or (2) rename your LabVIEW.ini file to LabVIEW.bak and restart LabVIEW to see if there are any errant entries in your INI file that would cause problems.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(8,917 Views)

It's come back today.

Looking through my Windows logs it looks like our IT was pushing out some GPOs yesterday, installing some software etc. I wonder if that temporarily messed up LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(8,917 Views)

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem.

Since I have to PCs running with the most recent LV2013 SP1 (the other is working fine), I could track down some issue when opening the "lv_icon.lvlibp" in the Labview 2013\resource\plugins foldery. On the system that works, I could open the lvlibp without errors. On the other PC I get some errors:

"Error loading "DOMUserDefRef.dll". Device is not ready. AND

"LabVIEW: Resource not found.  An error occurred loading VI 'lv_icon.lvlibp:NI_XML.lvlib:Close Reference(Node).vi'. LabVIEW load error code 3: Could not load front panel."

This DLL can be found in the Labview 2013\resource folder.

And here I am stuck again. Solutions or some further ideas are welcome....

Best Regards

Martin

Best Regards
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(8,917 Views)

Have you tried a repair of the LabVIEW installation?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(8,917 Views)

This error occures at my newly installed LV2013 development suite.

I also startet the repair. Did not change anything... ;-(

Best Regards
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(8,917 Views)

I just checked on a system running LabVIEW 2013 SP1 and did not have any issues. Let's check the file size and mod dates of your icon editor .lvlibp, and that DOM DLL...here's what they are on my system (Windows 7 32-bit, running LabVIEW 2013 SP1 32-bit...please tell me if you're running something different):

resource\plugins\lv_icon.lvlibp:

lvlibp.png

resource\DOMUserDefRef.dll (including "Details" page for version info as well):

dll.png

dll2.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(8,917 Views)

Since, I am using a german windows, the dialogs are in german. But I think, the needed information is readable 😉

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

I have an idea that it has something to do with certificates, because I have a similar problem when loading the NI OPC Server DLLs. (DLLs could not be loaded due to a "certification validation failure")

Does anybody know how NI handles or uses certificates?

Best Regards
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(8,917 Views)