cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use SVX Create Waterfall Cursor VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the SVX Create Waterfall Cursor VI, but I can not configure it. In terms of the Cursor List the LabVIEW help is not very meaningful.

You find my example VI attached. Can someone please help me?

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,318 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jenz

The example found at <LabVIEW>\examples\Sound and Vibration\Waterfall Display\Waterfall Display for Power Spectra (Simulated).vi is a better starting point for configuring cursors for the waterfall graph.

image.png

I modified your example by using the SVFA Power Spectrum instead of FFT Spectrum (Mag-Phase) and connecting spectrum info, reset waterfall buffer explicitly on first iteration, and wiring frequency to frequency cursor input. It doesn't matter what flavor of spectrum is calculated, but it is important to connect spectrum info from the spectrum VI to all downstream VIs that process the spectrum.

Waterfall Cursors.png

Hope this helps!

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
Message 2 of 7
(6,274 Views)

Thank you Doug Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,240 Views)

It is possible to lable the line?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,226 Views)

Cursor labels are not currently supported in the waterfall graph XControl.

You could modify the XControl (either to add labels and/or give each cursor a new color), but that doesn't feel like a recipe for success.

You could add an indicator that you move (either programmatically or manually) to associate with a specific cursor. This could be very manageable if you expect to fix the perspective on the display.

How are you looking to use these cursors in your application? 

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,215 Views)

Trying to lable engine orders in a simple way. 

WF_E.png

Message 6 of 7
(6,193 Views)

I think this would make a great feature for the waterfall.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,123 Views)