Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The TDMS plugin module can not be displayed

Hi 

i am not sure what is wrong with the DCAF or labview2017. i have already installed the DCAF TDMS and DCAF CVT module from vipm. but these module can not be displayed in the DCAF Configuration editor. i follow the DCAF handon documentation to create TDMS module. So i want to ask whether DCAF can not compatible with labview 2017. I also post the DCAF module that i have been installed. is there other module that i do not installed?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,222 Views)

What search paths do you have configured under Tools > Edit Plugin Search Paths...?

The UI Reference and UDP modules are still loaded even though you don't have any option to add them so it looks to me like you may have replaced the default DCAF search path with the path to the Temperature modules instead of adding it to the list. If you only see the one path pointing to the two Temperature modules try adding in the path to the default DCAF modules. The path for all of the downloaded DCAF modules is C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\NI\DCAF.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,212 Views)

Hi Matt

Thank you for your feedback and i follow your instruction to add the default address to the search path and then the TDMS appeared. But when i follow the hand on material and take exercise 2 part 2 step 11. the error occurred. Do you mind helping me to check whether i take any incorrect setup.

Thanks

Daniel

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,205 Views)

Daniel,

Can you tell me which hands on you are following? To me it looks like one of the booleans on your User Interface was changed to a latching mechanical action so try changing all of the booleans on the UI back to a switching mechanical action.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,200 Views)

Hi Matt

i attached the handon material and the user interface.VI. But i found the Boolean is not latching mechanical action and the error is still available.

Thanks

Daniel

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,193 Views)

Can you attach the configuration editor file as well?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,191 Views)

Hi Matt

please see the attached file.

Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,183 Views)

Hi Matt:

Could you define why this error will be occured or any other information that you need and i can offer to you.

Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,164 Views)

I think the problem is coming from how the UI Reference module is configured in the .pcfg you attached. If you look at the call chain of the error message you attached you can see it is in the initialization code for the UI Runtime. The module doesn't have any channels configured but you have selected the UI to Load as "User Interface.vi". The call path of the VI throwing the error will only run if the UI to Load doesn't actually load which I imagine is happening because you have the UI set as User Interface.vi but you are using TCRL User Interface.vi (or at least that is what you have attached). If the module can't load the UI it is set to load, the module just loads the top level VI which in this case is Host Main.vi. The stop button of Host Main.vi is a latching boolean which is probably why this error is being thrown.

I would try changing the UI to Load in your configuration to the user interface that is being called in Host Main.vi (the icon in the screenshot you attached doesn't seem to match the TCRL UI you attached either).

Message 9 of 10
(5,159 Views)

Hi Matt

May i ask is there any method that i can change the configured pdfg file. because i just download the example file from github and follow the handon documentation to take. 

Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,105 Views)