From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I equate a cRIO model to a DCAF target type

Solved!
Go to solution

So I have a few cRIO controllers lying around from various projects. Some are new and others according to the website are "Legacy" Is there a resource that can help me equate a cRIO or RT controller to the correct DCAF target type? 

Champion CLA

Making senseless computers do
intelligent real world things
is NOT easy. SO MAKE IT FUN!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,235 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarkBalla

This is the most complete list that I know of, let me know if the target you are interested in is not on the list.

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53636/en/

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 4
(4,232 Views)

I couldn't really get the answer I needed from your reply so that is why I am posting.

I am new to DCAF and I am trying to use the it with a cRIO-9024 since that is the only one I have access to.  Unfortunately I found out it appears to not work with this version of cRIO since a secure shell server (sshd) isn't part of the cRIO.

With this I am assuming that only the LINUX based cRIOs can be used with DCAF?  That would be the cRIO-903x, 904x, and 906x?

Besides this first roadblock are there any cRIOs that DCAF is better used with besides just the LINUX based?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,611 Views)

Hi JoeWork, the 9025 has VXworks, and it can be used with DCAF, for the deploy tool to work you have to make sure that the target configuration is correct configuration. For non-Linux Targets it uses FTP to send the configuration file.  If you have FTP disable you can manually move the configuration file to the target. 

Target settings.PNG

DCAF is all built in LabVIEW so basically if you can run LabVIEW it can run DCAF. The performance will vary, so I would recommend at least using 902x which is what you have or 906x (Linux RT) that is Linux based. It can also run on PCs, Industrial Controllers and PXI controllers.  In general, for new applications instead of using 902x (VXWorks), 903x (Linux RT), I would definitely recommend using the 904x (Linux RT) line as it has TSN and DAQmx support.

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,585 Views)