Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAN Engine Error at startup

Hi,

I have developped a solution based on DCAF with a cRIO. Everything is working except that when I start the application (Debug or Executable), I can face a Scan Engine Error at start syaing that i missed scan period. If I clear the errors, stop the app and restart, it works. In executable, sometimes it works well, sometimes not.

When it's running well, the CPU is OK. I have a 9049 cRIO.

On my hardware, I have an EtherCAT Device that returns only 6 channels.

Almost all my IO are read by Scan Engine and a few are read through FPGA.

So my cRIO is running in Hybrid Mode, and i already added the loading of the bitfile at start, even if it was working without that.

I suspect a this is just an overload at start (maybe due to my third party EtherCAT device).

If i can clear the error and start my app it's OK, I can survive with this error at start.

Do you now how I can slow down the start of each process ? or clear the error when everything is loarded and set Scan engine to Running and make DCAF running correctly.

Best regards.

Maxime R.  

CLA - Certified LabVIEW Architect / Architecte LabVIEW Certifié
  CTA - Certified TestStand Architect / Architecte TestStand Certifié

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,877 Views)

I've had intermittent errors where the scan engine throws an major error when a scan iteration was late, which occasionally happened. You can configure the scan engine to ignore certain error codes, there are functions in the can engine palette to do that. I am also using EtherCAT slaves

Not a great default behavior for the can engine to completely stop like that but that' show it is

Message 2 of 3
(1,849 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the proposition. I already about this solution, but I'm not a fan. the problem only occured at startup. And I'm OK to clean errors after all modules are running. System will not do anything after startup if user don't ask to do something.

I already try to modify the default engine to clear the error manually without success, it's not clear when the error appends.

If I didn't find any solution, I will try this one. At least, maybe I can ask to clear this specific error only for a period of time.

Best regards

Maxime R.  

CLA - Certified LabVIEW Architect / Architecte LabVIEW Certifié
  CTA - Certified TestStand Architect / Architecte TestStand Certifié

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,830 Views)