From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Tool Crash

Has anyone experienced the configuration editor crashing when several modules are installed?

The configuration editor is crashing frequently when loading. It appears to be during module load. It appears that loading fewer modules keeps it from crashing. I don't believe that it is memory use because it isn't consistent and it occurs after restarting labview. I can't seem to tie it to any specific module and I have several custom modules loaded.

I'm not sure where to look. It's hard to debug because the GUI will lock up and then LabView crashes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,763 Views)

Have you been able to reproduce with only non-custom modules installed?  It will be tricky for us to diagnose the issue without being able to see it.

Only issues I've seen have been ones where there was a crosslink or insane object error in one of the classes being loaded.  Did LV give you any hints when it crashed (i.e., Last time LabVIEW ran, it crashed on fpsane.cpp)

How many custom modules are we talking about?

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,753 Views)

Thanks Matt,

LabVIEW didn't give me anything to work with. 😞

I've got 15 custom modules and our custom engine installed.
If you haven't seen it crashing, I'll assume that it's me and dig into it on my end by playing with which modules I have loaded.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,751 Views)

Config editor has been stable for me, with the full set of modules from VIPM installed.  

If it is failing on load of modules, a relatively simple test would be to drop the editor node class constant of each of your installed modules on a VI and see if LV chokes on any of them.  If that passes, you might want to run the editor from source (not the tools menu) and debug into the loader code to see on what stage it drops out.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,746 Views)

Great advice. Thank you! I'll take a look at that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,744 Views)

I did have the issue with only stock DCAF stuff...

I put the all includes VI from the editor in a sequence structure and made it run before anything else.

That appears to have solved the issue.

I'll report back if it isn't a real fix.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,711 Views)