Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building DCAF PC Engine GUI into executable

I have a standard engine running on a windows host with the UI module that serves as an operator GUI.

I'm attempting to build an executable application, but so far I've had no luck. The application builds, but at run time, it throws the following error:

load class.vi

<APPEND>UI Reference configuration.lvclass

I've tried placing that class in my includes file and including it explictly in the build, but the error persists.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(11,394 Views)

What was the actual error you saw?  I just see error source in the initial post.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(11,140 Views)

Error code: 538500

load class.vi

<APPEND>UI Reference configuration.lvclass

Message 3 of 13
(11,140 Views)

Testing now with the DCAF shipping example.  Will post with results shortly.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(11,140 Views)

I was able to build a Windows executable out of the shipping example, and the UI Reference module loaded without issue (and the UI itself loads and updates correctly).

I do notice you're calling the configuration class.  Make sure that your includes file has the runtime class, not just the configuration class.

Have you forked the UI Reference module, or is it the one that installs from LV tools network/VIPM?

In building the EXE for the example, I did have to jump through some additional hoops to get it to work.  I had to manually add in the modules that did not live in vi.lib to the build, and also I had to add in some PL_Serialization dependencies that I did not expect to need.  Did you run into any similar issues with other dependencies?  Did you have to do any odd steps to get your exe to build?

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(11,140 Views)

I did the build under LV 2013, with the current released version of DCAF Core that is out on the tools network.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(11,140 Views)

I'm using the VIPM version of the UI reference module.

I didn't have to do any odd steps to get the build to complete.

I did have the UI reference runtime class in my includes file.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(11,140 Views)

Can you post the project so we can debug the build here?  Does building the sample project on your machine cause the same issue?

Hard for us to get a fix without seeing the problem.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(11,140 Views)

Due to work restrictions, I can't post the project publicly. I'll try to build the example and see what my results are.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(11,140 Views)

By 'here' I meant in Austin, not necessarily publicly on the forum.  My fault.

If there is a way to send us the project securely that satisfies your policies, we are happy to look at it.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(11,140 Views)