Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-4065 Linux Drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

I am looking into the possibility of utilizing the USB-4065 as the reference device in a calibration system which is under development.  The client which will interface with the USB-4065 runs a Linux OS. Does a version of the NI-DMM linux driver exist or are any linux compatible libraries which supports the USB-4065? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,806 Views)
Solution
Accepted by benwjj42

benwjj42,

NI-DMM 2.5 is available for Linux. However, this driver is pretty old - it does not support the USB 4065, and most of the Linux distributions it supports are pretty outdated.

Your best bet will likely be to either use a card that is supported by NI-DMM 2.5 such as the PCI-4070, or look into the possibility of bringing Windows into the equation somehow - this would give you the most options.

VanCamp

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,776 Views)

Thank you, it looks like we will have to look into other DVMs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,715 Views)

Are you on PXI?

Will a PCI / PCIe device do?

Or must it be USB?

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,699 Views)

Has anything changed over the last couple of years?  The readme files for the linux drivers seem to indicate support for the USB-4065, but I think I have installed all the drivers (on Ubuntu 21.04) and the NI hardware configuration utility is telling me the USB devices are "unsupported".  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,211 Views)

>The readme files for the linux drivers seem to indicate support for the USB-4065,

This is the NI-DMM for Linux/x86 64-bit Architecture Readme, Version 21.3. It supports modern 64-bit Linux distributions.

Unfortunately, USB-4065 is not supported, and it is not listed in the document. Where did you see it listed?

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,203 Views)

Ah, thanks for the link.  I had just gone to the NI-DMM downloads page, selected Linux, and clicked the readme link but missed there were two different readme's available (one for non-Linux and one for Linux).

Are there any plans to support these devices in Linux?  Or is there any other way to communicated with the USB-4065's using a Linux OS / Python?  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,198 Views)

Unfortunately there are no plans at the moment to add support for USB-4065 to Linux.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,187 Views)