Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Write/Read DIO for Programming with LABVIEW

Thanks for help last time. And I am sorry that I have to trouble you again this time.

I got problem with read/write DIO input and output when I programming. I am using PCI-DIO-96 Card and two DMM NI4060 Cards for the testing system. I have got the previous programming but a bit confused about the Task ID part for reading and writing DIO. How does this Task ID comes out, and as I want to add some more input and output for the system, how should I calculate or find out the corresponding Task ID?

Thanks for help and waiting for your reply!

Regards!

Sincerely Yours,

Zhou Yi
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,263 Views)
Hello;

The task ID is a parameter that is used by Labview to identify the DAQ task. You don't need to worry about that parameter at all.

To add more inputs/outputs to the system, you just need to include the extra channels on your channel list, and Labview will generate a new task ID automaticaly.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,263 Views)

We have tried as far as we could for rectifying the error in our project,but failed in our attempt ,which we have attached with this "pro1.vi".

Kindly help us rectify it .

Our project title is "Self controlled energy efficient system" ,a part of which is done using labview as above.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,978 Views)

You've posted to a very, very old thread and your question seems unrelated to it or to the DMM board.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,971 Views)

Hello,

As mentioned, this is an old thread and likely isn't the correct forum to post in.  I recommend creating a list of specific questions related to the problems you're experiencing.  As-is, your code looks executable, but I don't have any other comments, as I don't know what the problem is.  Also, if you're new to LabVIEW, I recommend some sort of training.  NI offers several courses, but there's also plenty of free material online.  Good luck!

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,964 Views)

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,953 Views)