Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get more than 32 digital outputs (and using waveform patterns)

Hi all,

Currently I use a pci-6229 to produce 20 bits wide (continuous regenerated and stored in onboard memory) waveforms at 1 Mhz. This works OK. Now I want to double the amount to 40 bits. As I understand despite the pci-6229 has 48 DIO's only port 0 (and that is 32 bits) is capable of waveform operation. The idea is to add another pci-6229 so we have 64 bits. But how can I synchronize the two cards. Now I use a internal counter as clock source for the digital output (/Dev1/PFI12) but I don't think I can use that as source for my second card (I never had two cards which had to be synchronized). Can anyone give any advise on this? Are there perhaps other options which gives me 40 digital outputs producing previously stored waveforms at 1 Mhz? Thanks for your reactions!

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,969 Views)

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your post on our discussion forum,

It is possible to synchronize two DAQ cards by using the RTSI bus. There is a grey connector on the back end of the card, this is a synchronization bus. It is possible to connect this connector to another one on the other DAQ board. Please find the proper cable under this link.

For further information, please refer to the M series user manual page 6-6

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,964 Views)