Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows does not detect USB-6509

Solved!
Go to solution

First post to NI forums - a relative newbie to LabVIEW.  I have the home / student version.  I purchased a used USB-6509 to play with.  I am using Windows 10 pro.

Problem: Windows is not detecting my device.  The device passes the NI MAX self test - but not shown in Windows Device Manager comm ports, nor is the DAQ assistant available in LabVIEW for this device.

I have included three pictures: Windows Device Manager, NI MAX Explorer, and my PC configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

NI02.pngNI01.pngNI03.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,733 Views)

The USB-6509 shows up as a Data Acquisition Device, not a serial port.

What versions of LabVIEW and DAQmx did you install?  If you expand the Software section in the tree in MAX, it will tell you the information.

And the other common problem is you need to install DAQmx after installing LabVIEW. If you did it the other way around, just reinstall DAQmx.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,688 Views)

I do see my USB-6509 in Device Manager >Data Acquisition Devices - thank you.  Maybe I am okay with respect the Windows driver... 

I have been using my LabVIEW home / student version a few months experimenting with an Arduino Uno - all has worked well...

I installed DAQmx yesterday.  But as mentioned earlier no success with the USB-6509.  This is the step I believe I am hung-up on - I do not get the following pop-up. (Three screen shots total to consider.)

NI06.png

NI04.png

NI05.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,677 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author crazy_legs_oz

Problem solved - used (downloaded) wrong DAQmx.  Wasn't for USB DAQ devices.  Downloaded correct DAQmx - all is well.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,614 Views)