From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using different VSupplies with NI-9475 (8chn 60V high-speed sourcing outputs)

Is it possible to use different voltage supplies for outputs on the same card?

example:

DO0 vsup = 12VDC

DO1 vsup = 24VDC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,371 Views)

Hi fr0z,

Although individual Vsup and COM pins are provided for each channel (to minimize current flow in the wiring), these lines are all connected together internally. Thus, you should only connect a single voltage supply to the device. Hope this helps,
Daniel S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,340 Views)

Thanks Dan,

That's what I wanted to know.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,328 Views)

this is not clear from the user manual - it states that the commons are connected together but not the VSUPs - this is from the manaul

Each channel also has a COM pin and a Vsup pin.
National Instruments recommends you provide independent COM
and Vsup wiring for each channel to minimize current flow in the
COM and Vsup wiring. The COM pins are all connected together
internally.

Fortunately the application I purchased the 9475 for had all the same supplies but I could have as easily bought it thinking I could use different supplies

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,783 Views)

Hi irishzen,

I agree, the documentation for this is confusing.  I filed a request with R&D to have the documentation updated.  Thanks for the feedback!

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,775 Views)

Hi sarah,

Here we are in 2016 any changes no changes shall be made about this product NI 9475, your feedback  doesn't interested in them  or prehaps prefere still leave customers confused with their projects and return each time to asking help !!!

bst regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,508 Views)