Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6534 error -200077

Hi, we have a replacement PCI-6534 card after the old one died, and are trying to continuously output a digital pattern on 8 channels of port0. We are running LV 8.2 on XP.

We consistently get the Error -200077, no matter what clock settings we use (external/internal -- increase/decrease rate). The text of the error message is below:
-------------------------------------
Error -200077 occurred at DAQmx Write (Digital 1D Wfm NChan NSamp).vi:1
Possible reason(s):

Requested value is not a supported value for this property.

Property: Output.BufSize
Requested Value: 0

Intermediate Buffer Size Increment: 4
Valid Values Begin with: 4
Valid Values End with: 4294967296

Task Name: _unnamedTask<2B>
---------------------------------------

The .vi and jpg of the block diagram are attached below.

- As I understand it, Daq assistant automatically sets up the buffer size to accomodate sample-rate (in continuous mode), so I dont' see why this should happen. I tried converting the Daq assistant to code, and then adding a property node to the output.BufSize with an integer value greater than 0, but it gave me the same error.

- I tried Cont Write Dig Port-Ext Clk-Non Regeneration.vi from the labview examples list, and it seemed to work with it's data generator. But when I copy-pasted my waveform data into the example (changing DAQ write to accept waveforms) I got the same error. Tried using the output.bufsize property node, but no help. Perhaps I am using the property node wrong, or is there somethign wrong with the way I am making my waveform data?

Thanks,
Arunabh

(attached is the project, and a jpg of the block diagram)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,315 Views)

Hi Arunabh,

Did you have a 6534 which was previously working with the same program?

I followed what you did, beginning with the example program and then using a waveform and did not get any errors. (See picture attached). I would note that the datasheet says:

You have the following restrictions when looping from the onboard memory of the NI 6534:

• For 8-bit data, the buffer size must be a multiple of 4.

• For 16-bit data, the buffer size must be an even number.

There are no restrictions for 32-bit data. For 8- or 16-bit data, you may need to add dummy data to the buffer to make it the correct size.

Also, can you post pictures showing me the rate and the inside configuration of the DAQ assistant?

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,298 Views)
Hi David,

Thanks for your response. To answer your questions --

-we used this program with a PCI-6533 previously, and it worked without error
- I have attached an image of the channel settings for DAQ assistant: additionally, the invert all lines at port is unchecked, and both the start and reference trigger are set to <none>
- I don't see an attached image in your reply, could you reattach it so I can make sure we're doing things the same way

I also made a naive attempt at creating 'extra data' as you suggested, it didn't work, but modified the error message. The modified message is below, and an image of the 'extra data' setup is attached.
---------------------------------------------
Error -200077 occurred at DAQmx Write (Digital 1D Wfm NChan NSamp).vi:1
Possible reason(s):

Requested value is not a supported value for this property.

Property: Output.BufSize
Requested Value: 1
Intermediate Buffer Size Increment: 4

Task Name: _unnamedTask<2E>
---------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,289 Views)
I'm basically trying to implement the vi shown here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/1731  with a user created digital waveform. I can create the waveform with the subVI's given above, but always get a buffer error when I try to input into DIO-Write.

-David mentioned creating 'dummy' data. Not sure how I would go about doing that. Can someone provide an example.
-Is there any other way of inputting an on-off pattern for each line on a channel (other than waveforms?)

(new to labview, so pardon my ignorance)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,275 Views)

Arunabh,

Here is the picture I meant to post last time (Cont. Write_Edited.JPG). This issue does not arise with the 6533, which is why you did not see it before. Also, if you are using LabVIEW 7.1 or above, I would like to ask that you upgrade to DAQmx 8.5 for Windows XP. After upgrading, please do not use previously placed DAQ assistants, but place down new ones. I could not reproduce your issue by simply creating a continuous output DAQ assistant, and putting in a digital waveform generator for data. (6534_continuous_daq_assistant.JPG).

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,268 Views)
David,

The update to Ni-Daq 8.5 seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for your help.

Arunabh

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,253 Views)