From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loaded Labview full development version, no DAC Assistant present/loaded.

I have loaded Labview onto my new system, can not find DAQ Assistant vi. When I loaded the software onto my old system it was present, why can't I get it to load onto my new system also. Same operating system.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,503 Views)
Hi doctorhash-

In order to use the DAQ Assistant in LabVIEW you will need to install the NI-DAQ drivers and include support for LabVIEW. This download is available from the Drivers and Updates section of ni.com. You should search for Multifunction DAQ for the appropriate operating system.

If you already had NI-DAQ installed before installing LabVIEW you will need to modify your NI-DAQ installation to include support for LabVIEW. This can be done in the Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs by choosing National Instruments Software>Change and selecting to Modify your NI-DAQ installation. You should then add support for your version of LabVIEW.

If this doesn't work please let us know more about which versions of LabVIEW and NI-DAQ you're using and which operating system you're running.

Thanks-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,493 Views)
Tom,
I was a bit baffled as to what "labview support" I was suppose to load since nothing like that is shown after I hit the change button in add/remove programs, I poked around a bit and found labview 7.0 and Labview 7.1 support in DAQ mx Base. Is this what you are referring to? I am installing it now, please let me know if this is not what you were referring to. I have NI DAQmx installed not NI DAQ, is that OK? Also you made reference in your reply to having to have DAQ and lab view 7.1 support installed before I installed labview 7.1. I installed labview first then installed DAQ mx, will this make a difference?

Thank you

Message Edited by doctorhash on 05-25-2005 12:35 PM

Message Edited by doctorhash on 05-25-2005 12:35 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,492 Views)
Hi doctorhash-

The "LabVIEW Support" I was referring to is a component of the NI-DAQ installation, not NI-DAQmx Base. You should be able to find this option when modifying your NI-DAQ driver in Add or Remove Programs.

If you don't see this option, a more reliable approach would be to uninstall the NI-DAQ driver and then reinstall. NI-DAQ support for LabVIEW should then be enabled by default. In the future you should remember to install LabVIEW before installing any device drivers (NI-DAQ, NI-VISA, etc) to ensure that all VIs and support is properly installed.

Thanks,
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,483 Views)
Tom, (FYI)
I did not have NI DAQ as an option to select when I went into install/uninstall programs so I loaded the Lab View 7.1 support you mentioned which I found in DAQ mx Base. (and also as you mentioned it was not loaded), after loading it I now have the DAQ assistant present and it works fine. I had been doing some reading up on the subject before I stared this thread and from what I read NI DAQ and NI DAQmx are essentially the same thing and NI suggests loading NI DAQmx for newer hardware/software versions. From what I could gather NI DAQ mx is just the updated more automated version of the NI DAQ. You sent me in the right direction, that was all I needed. Thank you very much for all of your assistance it was greatly appreciated!!!

Respectfully yours,
Steve C.

Message Edited by doctorhash on 05-26-2005 08:25 AM

Message Edited by doctorhash on 05-26-2005 08:28 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,481 Views)
Dear Steve,

NI-DAQ versions 7.0 and higher consist of two drivers, Traditional DAQ (Legacy) and DAQmx. For more information about the differences, take a look at this tutorial. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Marni S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,457 Views)