Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i communicate a senserion sht71 sensor with labiew

is it posible to communicate the senserion sht71 with the DAQ card ,or i have to use the serial port.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,998 Views)
Hi Chito-

The Sensirion device is designed for serial communications only and can not be interfaced easily with a DAQ card. Your best option for finding a discussion of your device's operation is to view the manufacturer's website or contact them directly.

Regards-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,982 Views)
the problem is that im connecting the sensor with a PIC16F73 and from 2 outputs of the pic to labview
but im having trouble aquiring the digital signals
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,983 Views)
Hi chito-

You will not be able to easily acquire the digital signals with your DAQ card because your device is intended for serial operation. It will be much easier to interface via serial than with your DAQ card because the protocols are already established and work well for serial.

It will be extremely difficult (with an M Series card and clocked digital I/O) or impossible (with an E Series card or other NI card without clocked digital I/O) to acquire the data with DAQ, but it should be relatively easy to work with in serial. For help on this I would suggest visiting the Instrument Control forum or contacting your device manufacturer directly.

Thanks-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,970 Views)