From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED THE DIO advanced VIs ( Port Config, and Read/Write Port VI) AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE ARE THEY

Hi.

Somebody can tell me what i need to install for have the DIO advanced VIs - Port Config, and Read/Write Port VI.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,489 Views)
Those are functions in the traditional DAQ driver and the latest version is here. You should also have copy on your LabVIEW device drivers CD. Whether you can use them will depend on the DAQ board you have. Newer boards such as the M series require a different driver (DAQmx). There's also a question of whether you should be using them. DAQmx is the new and improved driver for NI DAQ boards and is the only driver being updated. What board are you using and what version of LabVIEW?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,486 Views)
Hi Dennis ... thank's for help me.

The problem is that i was running a proyect but i had to format the PC and when i reinstall the software and dirvers those VIs are missing. I'm using Labview 7.1 and install DAQmx 8.0.0f5 and mi divice is the PCI-6527 ...

Do you think that i need to install a before version of DAQ dirvers?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,482 Views)
As I said, DAQmx and traditional DAQ are two completely different drivers. You installed DAQmx. You need to install traditional DAQ. I don't remember which version that came with 7.1 but the version I linked to should work if you want to download it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,479 Views)
OK I'll install .... thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,475 Views)