Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-D0-410 Load Cycling application

Hello,

I am a relative newb in Labview (only spend about 40hr/ year) on modifying applications that I use for work Smiley Sad

[Unfortunately] I am running version 8.2, and I have tried to search examples, however I cannot view several examples due to backward incompatibilities. 

Load Cell Cycling Appication:

I am in the process of using pneumatic solenoid spool valve to control airpressure to a compact air cylinder which is used to apply a force to a load cell.  The air pressure is triggered with the FP-DO-410 (24V) and I can monitor the output of the loadcell with the Strain Gage (FP-SG-140).  Currently I am sucessful in manually flipping a switch on the front panel to write a 1 or 0 to the DO-410 to cause the air pressure to be cycled.

I am looking for suggestions on how I can automate cycling so that I could define pressure ON time, pressure OFF time, and the number of cycles to complete.  When the applicaiton was started the cycle count would begin counting down based on the ON time and OFF time.

Thank you for your time

jqm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,193 Views)

Hello,

Think that I have something partially functional, I have been unsucessful in getting an actual cycle count.... (sorry for the mess, but I was trying different techniques). I am sure there has to be a simpler way.....  Any comments would be great.

(V8.2)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,187 Views)

Good Afternoon jqm,

Have you considered using a state machine architecture?  This is just one of many ways to accomplish your goal of setting on and off times.  There is a template for this that ships with LabVIEW.   File»New... VI»From Template»Frameworks»Standard State Machine.  You can stop the main loop when you have hit the appropriate number of iterations.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,168 Views)