Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find: "Digital Input function from the FPGA device I/O pallet"

Hi!

We would like to use the 9411 module with our cRIO. Therefor we found this example "Quadrature Encoder Velocity and Acceleration Estimation with CompactRIO and LabVIEW FPGA" but we have got some problems with this paragraph:
LabVIEW FPGA Steps

1: Hardware configuration
Change the LabVIEW execution target to your FPGA device. This will launch the Embedded Project Manager. Start a new project and configure the CompactRIO hardware by going to Hardware>>Configure Target for CompactRIO. This will allow you to discover what CompactRIO I/O modules you have installed in the chassis. Now on the block diagram of the FPGA VI place the Digital Input function from the FPGA device I/O pallet. Double click the Digital Input vi to configure the channels to acquire from. Figure 4 below shows digital input channels DI0 and DI1 selected for Quadrature Encoder inputs A and B respectively. Notice that cRIO-9411 has been connected to Connector 1 of the R-Series expansion chassis.
Because we cannot find the "Digital Input function" in the FPGA device I/O pallet. There is only listed "FPGA I/O Node", "FPGA I/O Property Node" and "FPGA I/O Method Node".
So how can we get to the "Digital Input Channel Setup" dialog?

TIA,
   M. Jansen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,522 Views)
Hi,

The instructions described in that link you sent, are for LV 7.1, where the current form of LabVIEW Project didn't exist. In 7.1 a lot of things were being done from the block diagram, but in LV 8.0 and later several of that functionality was moved to the LV Project. Additionally, instead of having different I/O node types for AI, AO, DI, DO channels, the functionality has been combined into a single I/O node that you can configure for different channel types.

Do you have a specific reason to get to the "Digital Input Channel Setup" dialog?

@Manuel123 wrote:
So how can we get to the "Digital Input Channel Setup" dialog?

TIA,
   M. Jansen

If you are new to CompactRIO, the Getting Results with CompactRIO document is a good starting point.

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/55ECA798EC7EDA3F8625717F00610168

JMota

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,504 Views)